MALIBU DEMOCRATIC CLUB
Monday, March 19, 2018, 6-8 pm
Malibu Library, 23519 West Civic Center Way, Malibu, CA
Meeting Area Open, Refreshments: 5:30 pm
- Call to Order: 6:00 pm
2. President’s Report
3. Approval of Minutes of 2/28/2018 Meeting.
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Mayor Pro Tem Jefferson Wagner will provide a briefing on the MRCA’s Parkland Proposals in Malibu.
6. Final Preparations for Annual Meeting, Forum & Reception, Sun., March 25, 1-4 pm.
a. Review Agenda with the Board
b. Calls to Members to Ensure Quorum & Good Attendance
– Board Members to divide calls
c. Ballots & Counting Ballots – Who/How to Do the Count
d. Papers Needed at Reception Desk for Annual Meeting
(1) 50 Membership Forms with FEC required info
(2) 100 Donation Forms with FEC required info
(3) 35 Ballots for Qualified Voting Members (a couple extra)
(4) 3 Copies of Qualified Voting Members for Reception Staff
(5) 32 copies of Officer and Board Bios for Voting Members
(6) 32 Copies of the Summary of Changes to the ByLaws for Voting Members
(7) Other documents needed?
e. Training for Volunteers at Reception Desk
– Training for Check-in, Ballots, Donations
– How to Handle the Ballots
– FEC requirements for membership dues and donations, forms required
– Training in how to use the PayPal Card Reader
f. Volunteer Assignments
(1) Reception Desk: 3 groups of 2-3 volunteers, rotating out each hour
(2) Volunteer Assigned to Greet and Accompany Each Speaker
(3) Committee of 3 to Count Ballots – Cannot be a candidate. Board oversight.
(4) Set Up Volunteers: All Board and volunteers should be there by 12:30 pm.
(5) Clean Up Volunteers
(6) Other Needs?
g. Press Coverage of Forum and Reception, 2-4 pm.
h. Speakers – Status Report
i. Other Preparation?
7. Report on PPDC Meeting and Westside HQ for 2018 Elections
8. Los Angeles March for Our Lives, Sat., March 24, 2018, 10 am Pershing Square – Club attending together? PPDC Bus? Carpool: Meet at Malibu Parking Lot? Meet at Santa Monica Metro Station?
9. Update on MTC Offshore Drilling Symposium, Sat., 3/24, 1:30 pm, at Malibu City Hall Auditorium. US Rep. Ted Lieu confirmed to attend.
10. Report on LACDP Club Leadership Meeting on March 12, 2018 (Lance and Jane)
11. LACDP Training for MDC on Use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
12. Bounty Program for Voter Registration ($ 3.65 – $ 4 for every Dem registered when 100 or more registered)
13. Use of LACDP MOE Database – Possiblity of Using Their Email Addresses
14. Website Update – Changing from CDC to Regular Webhosting Company after 3/25 meeting.
16. Adjournment: 7:55 pm